The Qureshi Family

The Qureshi Family

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ethiopia

     Do you have a blog? This is a question I keep getting asked when we tell people that we are adopting....  So, I (devin) decided to start one. It has been sitting empty for quite a while now. So many steps have brought Nasser and I to adoption. God has lead a very specific path to our son. I feel like I should start from the beginning of this adoption journey, but I am too lazy to do that right now. I promise to do that very soon. I just really wanted to take a moment and share a little bit about my trip to Ethiopia to visit my son, and also my visit to Trees of Glory.

     Sometimes in life you have an experience that no matter how hard you try to put it into words, there is no way to describe unless you actually were there and felt it. I have never been so humbled as I was in Ethiopia. The poverty and hopelessness that I felt was overwhelming, but the beauty and joy that shined through this people was beyond any explanation that I could come up with. I just kept thinking how spoiled and ungrateful I am, and I am so blessed. These people have nothing and they are generous, loving and filled with joy. I don't understand. I am so grateful for this beautiful experience. I am forever changed.

My little boy is a dream. He is beautiful, funny, happy, and full of energy. From the moment we met, it was seamless. I wish I could post pictures, but I am not allowed until he is officially ours. So, I will try to sneak some pics that don't show his whole face. I loved every second I spent with him, and it felt like my heart was being ripped out, when I had to say good-bye. I praise God for allowing me to be his mommy. I can't wait to bring him home. I miss him terribly.

To my wonderful friends that donated money to our fundraiser for Trees of Glory, you will never know how happy you have made these children. With the almost $1300, we were able to buy curriculum books for children to use at school, a book shelf, bread, bananas and there was enough money left over to order more books and supplies.




Here are more pictures of the Trees of Glory Care Center.......


                                     This is Simiret, she is the woman who started Trees of Glory.
                                      She is a true angel on earth!





Local homes around Trees of Glory
The Clinic
As you can see, this place needs supplies.
Our next project!!

The kitchen
         
                                         




                                                           Playground

My beautiful sponsor child, Fenose

There are more children that need sponsor families!!



2 comments:

  1. What a blessing and gigantic answer to prayer! I am so happy for you and proud of you, also! Can't wait to see your little boy. I will continue to pray. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe man Devin! you almost made the woman of STEEL cry! Ok ok...I did cry (a little) but don't tell anyone. LOL This is such an amazing story. I can't wait to read the next entry! Congrtulatons to you, Kadyn, and Nasser on Baby Noah ;-)

    ReplyDelete