The Qureshi Family

The Qureshi Family

Monday, March 3, 2014

Celebrating Our First Year Together

Noah's Gotcha Day
February 2, 2013

     I can hardly believe that this little guy has been home for more than a year now. It has been a whirlwind year. Two new additions to our family, lots of transitions and we are still trying to figure things out. When Noah came home it was such a blur, I was so happy, scared, relieved, and full of anxiety about what to expect and how to be a good mom to him. I am not gonna lie, those first two week were really hard. I thought I was doing something wrong because I wasn't on cloud nine and completely elated. I was sleep deprived, struggling to bond, and feeling frustrated that things weren't going the way I imagined they would. He was already twenty months old, and to him we were complete strangers so he was really resistant to sleeping, communicating and connecting to us. I had no idea what was going on in that little mind. But, eventually week by week and month by month his trust for us grew, and our bond blossomed.  
    
     Noah is such a sweet natured boy, so loving and caring. He has a gentle spirit, a love for music and is always laughing. It warms my heart to see him happy. We love him so much, and know that our family would not be complete without him. I wish sometimes people would be more honest with their adoption stories, because it's not all rainbows and sunshine in the beginning. But HE IS SO WORTH IT! I just wanted to share our story and hope it would inspire another family to be forever changed by the love of a child. We still have struggles but so does every parent whether your child is biological or adopted. They are worth the fighting for, and we are so thankful that God chose us to be his parents. 

John 1:16 From the fullness go His Grace we have received one blessing after another.








Our First Year with Noah….

 













 One Year Later…..







No comments:

Post a Comment